Mike Goddard – Personal Fitness Trainer
- YMCA Fitness Industry Training – Personal Trainer Award (NVQ – CYQ level3) gained in 2000.
- Personal Trainer Award incorporates the following modules; Cardio-Vascular Training, Resistance Training, Circuit Training, Fitness Training, Nutrition and Weight Management, Fitness Training for the Older Person, Fitness Assessment and Exercise Counselling.
- Gayton Group GP Exercise Referral Award gained in 2002
- YMCA FIT – Sports Injuries Award gained in 2001
- Boxercise Instructor gained in 2003
- Multitrax Advanced Indoor Cycle Instructor gained in 2005
- Fifth Space Consultants Award for Motivating your Clients (psychology based course) gained in 2008
- British Red Cross First Aid/CPR continuous since 1996
- UK Athletics Coach level 2 since 2008
- Intelligent Fitness ‘The Science of Torso Training’ Award 2004
- Intelligent Fitness ‘Torso Conditioning – Alternative Methods’ Award 2004
- Swiss/Stabilty Ball Training Award 2002
To add to these qualifications I regularly attend workshops and seminars relating to the fitness industry incorporating a wide and varied selection of subjects.
My qualifications are to Register of Exercise Professionals level 3.
Member of the National Register of Personal Trainers since 2001.
As for my philosophy, well I believe that to train the body you must first train the mind – psychological as well as physiological!!! To have outlined where you are currently at and where you want to get to requires a real large thought process. Your goals are the most important fact in you achieving what you want and that is where I as your Personal Trainer can help you achieve a life improving experience. So set your mind up and ‘buy into’ the whole idea of where you want this journey to take you – the only thing that stops you achieving your goals is you!
My Active Life
The big career change happened for me when in 1999 I enrolled on my first course to obtain a well respected Personal Training qualification though as far as my memory takes me I have always been in to sport and exercise.
However, I found my true sporting love in my early 20’s when I turned to athletics and discovered a certain amount of ability as a track middle distance runner (800/1500 metres), combined with winter cross country running for strength building. I have competed for my local athletics club City of Salisbury ARC since the mid 1980’s. In 2003 I ran the London Marathon, something I would encourage anyone and everyone to consider doing!
My other great sporting passion is skiing, since the late 1980’s it has become my favourite choice of recreational pastime.
Although my competition days are mostly behind me I do continue to run 3 x a week and also enjoy road cycling for which the occasional century bike ride or such like is often on my agenda. I have recently taken up Pilates which I believe helps balance out my active life.
I cannot see a day in the future when exercise does not take high priority with me, the release of endorphins it gives you is hard to beat. The sense of well being and contentment you feel after having exercised is hard to put into words, it just has to be experienced.
If I can be of any help to you then don’t delay make the next step on your journey and either give me a call or send an email, look forward to hearing from you.